A new Toscotec Steel Yankee Dryer for the japanese tissue producer Marutomi

ShinFuji, Japan 09th April 2013 - The Japanese Tissue Producer Marutomi has chosen the excellence of Toscotec Steel Yankee Dryer to replace the existing 12 FT Cast Iron Yankee on Fujine mill, located in Fuji, Shizuoka Prefecture. 

The PM#1 tissue machine features a crescent former configuration with a sheet width at pope reel of 3140 mm. The new Toscotec TT SYD-12FT, will be installed within the end of 2013. The installation will allow to increase the production speed as well as to guarantee a considerable energy savings, one of the key item in Japanese tissue industry, where Toscotec, thru its agency Shinsei Corporation, has already been experienced. The supply will be provided according to the local regulation and to the JIS (Japanese Boiler Association) standards. Related services will be also part of the scope of supply.

Founded in 1955 as a small mill with one 1.2-m wide tissue machine and nine employees, Marutomi now has 13 TMs in total and, focusing mainly on bath tissue from recycled paper, has grown into one of Japan’s largest producers of toilet rolls with a market share that it estimates to be around 14%. For raw material, it uses only 100% recycled fiber with about 95% of its production being toilet tissue and the remaining 5% facial tissue. 

With this further sale Toscotec re-states its leadership as a global supplier of energy saving solutions to the tissue industry and as steel yankee dryer manufacturer worldwide.

Login or Register to publish a comment